« Remembering Lounge Ax | Main | James Meek, The People's Act of Love »

"Your Personal Penguin"

Quite possibly the song of the year: "Your Personal Penguin", sung by Davy Jones of the Monkees and written by Sandra Boynton (a truly wonderful author, and one of my daughter's early favorites) based on her book of the same name.

(Via Chekhov's Mistress.)

October 18, 2006 in Books, Music | Permalink

Comments

Maddie thoroughly enjoyed it.

Posted by: boogaj at Oct 18, 2006 12:45:35 PM

So does our daughter (who also happens to be named Maddie)

Posted by: Kathy at Feb 13, 2007 3:01:07 PM

OMG! Thanks for this post! I have been trying to find a place to get this song, and I had just about given up hope. Thanks to you I can now enjoy this song whenever I so choose! Oh ya... the book is great! lol I'm a 19 year old, and I just recently discovered the book and song. I don't care how old you get, some things will always make you smile, and this is one of them! Thanks again!

Posted by: A Fellow Penguin Lover at Apr 21, 2007 1:40:40 AM

My daughter was sent this book by her Grandad (we live in England) and we haven't been able to find the song until today!! You have made us very happy! Hannah never tires of listening to it although I am getting very close!

Amy

Posted by: Hannah Smyth at May 11, 2007 9:07:04 AM

I just gave this book to my husband and am delighted to find the song, too!

Posted by: Mifflin at Jun 18, 2007 5:45:25 PM

I would love to get the sheet music! Any one know if that is available for sale?

Posted by: Jake Jacobs at Oct 5, 2007 6:40:43 PM

This is me and my husbands vows exactly, we adore penguins, and he proposed by reading this book to me, i don't know where i'd be without this song/book!

Posted by: Kurious at Oct 25, 2007 10:48:18 PM

I'm so happy to have found this song for my neice. Thanks so much for posting it.

Posted by: Madhabi at Oct 28, 2007 8:42:41 PM

I happened across this title last night and have an order in for the book. This evening my husband found the song. We are also huge penguin fans and can't wait to share the book and song with our daughter, also a Maddie! :)

Posted by: Jenica at Nov 15, 2007 11:02:07 PM

So did our Maddie (age 10 months)!

Posted by: Greg at Feb 8, 2008 1:29:16 PM